it is october and that means many things and i know i have been m i a but we are going to pretend like i haven’t and we will just be ok with the fact that i will relay my life – my great, ordinary, exciting, frightening life – in later posts.
but for now, since it is october, since it is fall – apparently eighty five degrees counts as fall here – here is a list of things i have been thinking about that i truly, thoroughly enjoy. enjoy.
- forgetting that time exists.
- when people are sincerely kind without any hidden agenda.
- a freshly showered man.
- the way people say my name right before they say something meaningful.
- children holding my hand.
- eating pancakes after a long hard day or early in the morning while i’m still in my pajamas or any time really let’s be honest.
- wearing a sweater at the beach.
- realizing that a song, a quote, an outfit, a person, a meal gets me, like really gets me in a way that i didn’t even get me.
- when preparedness pays off.