what’s in store for me? well:
- some girls night out. slash in. out to get food. in to watch movies. yeah, that’s how we do.
- ward temple trip. woot woot.
- a second attempt at ‘valentine’s day’?
- maybe some target shopping. target = love.
- some h dub? hopefully…maybe….probably not….
- ward activity. dancing and hot guys. who could ask for more.
- seeing my sister lauren and her babies (hopefully)!
the other day i was reading a book (the history of love. so good.) while i was going down the elevator at work, ready to go home. when the doors opened, there was a guy right there who was about to walk in as i was about to walk out. luckily i looked up from my book and stopped.
things that made me happy today. or yesterday. i guess. technically.
- seeing slash feeling the sun for two seconds when i walked to school this morning.
- smelling the fabric softener my mom uses on my towel when i got out of the shower. thanks for doing my laundry when i visited momma!
- looking hawt when i got out of the shower because i had to keep my make up in tact.
- wearing these rockin’ kicks (yes. i just quoted miley. dont hate).
- my awesome lunch which i actually made for myself today: a honey mustard, ham, and muenster cheese sandwich with apple slices on it, along with some parmesan and basil wheat thins. mmmmm.
- finding a really cute condo for next year. hopefully we can get it!
- spending time with my [fhe] husband… and [fhe] family.
- checking the blog my sister and i share and seeing she wrote on it! poor baby is sick though :(
- laughing with my roommates
- the fact that this was posted at 12:34. cooool.
i havent written about my president’s day weekend yet. so i’ll do that now…
some people from my ward planned a zions national park hiking trip and since my hometown stomping ground is a half hour away i decided to join in the fun. gabriel and i went down friday night, met up with the others saturday morning, and then headed to zions. we hiked emerald pools and angels landing.
i’ve done angels landing before (exactly 4 years ago) so i thought i had it in the bag. holy crap was i wrong. the last part of the mountain aka the hardest part of the mountain aka the part of the mountain that has chains to hold on to so you don’t fall down to death still had a decent amount of snow on it but i was determined to get to the top again. let’s just say i may have seen my life flash before my eyes a few times and i’m glad i wasnt a pioneer.
afterward i did feel very accomplished though. even if my muscles had to pay for it for the next two… ok three days. i havent pushed myself that hard in a very long time and it felt goooood. more pics are here. it was so good to be home too. i love my family!
my padre was up here for a week and i got to have lunch with him almost everyday! i’m so glad i got to spend so much time with him. and to top it off, before he left on saturday, we went to taco bell (yummmm) and then he took me grocery shopping!